Ok, this tutorial will help you install all the software needed to compile on your own the VRBRAIN firmware.
Follow these instructions carefully, and you will have no problems:
- Download the VR-Universal-IDE from http://code.google.com/p/multipilot32/downloads/list The IDE is split into 8 rars so be sure to have winrar installed (www.rarsoft.com)
- Unrar (unzip) all the 8 files in C:\ or in any other root folder (eg. D:\ E:\ G:\ etc…)
- Open Eclipse that is located in C:\vr-universal-ide\eclipse\
- Choose the C:\vr-universal-ide\workspaces\UF4_AP folder as your workspace
- Install updates (Help->Ceck for updates)
- Install GIT for windows if you don’t have a git client yet: mysysgit is a good option .
- Import the VRBRAIN project:
- Go to File–>Import–>Git–>Projects from Git–>URI
- Insert these values:
- URI: http://code.google.com/p/vrbrain/
- All other necessary fields will autocomplete
- leave user and password blank unless you need to commit
- Click on Next–> select all –> Next
- In the destination directory choose your vr-universal-ide workspace directory (eg. C:\vr-universal-ide\workspaces\UF4_AP)
- Click Next and wait until all objects have downloaded
- Select “Import Existing Project” and press Next
- Select the project and click Finish.
- Now close all other projects Using right button of mouse->close project.
- You should have something similar in your project Explorer:
- Click with right mouse button on the project name and select “Build Project”
- If Build succedes you will find in the build directory a file named laserlab_MP32V1F4.hex
- Use the dfu file manager in Programs->ST Microelectronics->DFU File manager to convert the HEX in DFU and then follow the instruciotns to upload the firmware here