This is a beta testing firmware.
It is strongly suggested you upgrade from previous 3.0rc6 because an important fix for serial communication has been done. Now wireless telemetry works much better and faster.
Be careful testing this releas because it has been flown for a limited time.
Please help us improve by reporting any problems or suggestions.
- Inertial Navigation for Loiter and Auto meaning much more accurate control
- 3D navigation controller follows straight lines in all dimensions between waypoints
- WPNAV_SPEED, WPNAV_SPEED_UP, WPNAV_SPEED_DN, WPNAV_ACCEL allows configuring speeds and acceleration during missions
- “compassmot” to compensate for interference on compass from the pdb, motors, ESCs and battery
- pre-arm checks to ensure all calibration has been performed before arming; can be disabled by setting ARMING_CHECK to zero. (it has been reported a problem in pre.arm check procedure that detects a low voltage on board – to arm the board you need to disable arm-check)
- GPS failsafe – switches to LAND if GPS is lost for 5 seconds
- stability patch improvements to stop rapid climbs in very overpowered or overtuned copters
- Circle mode improvements including “panorama” when CIRCLE_RADIUS set to zero
These are the release notes specific for VRBRAIN. Please read carefully:
New in rc7:
- Corrected serial communication bug.
When saving parameters or sending waypoints, the parameters could not be saved.
- Corrected low board voltage warning that was preventing arming procedure.
New in rc6:
- The External GPS port(AUX port) and the Telemetry port have been swapped. So please invert the two ports to have both working again. If you have an internal GPS (like the one soldered on the board) you should download the internal GPS firmware.
- This firmware is only for standard PPM radios. Previous problems with Futaba and FRsky should have been resolved, please report any problems.
- You will loose all previous settings only if you upgrade from 18.104.22.168, so please backup your parameters if you need to go back to 22.214.171.124
- You need to make all pre-flight calibration routines otherwise copter will not arm. So proceed with:
- Radio calibration through Mission Planner
- Accel calibration via Terminal (at the moment via mission planner is not working)
- Compass calibration via Mission Planner
- Make extensive pre-flight checks before fliying
At the moment only QUAD and HEXA frames will be released, so please for any questions or suggestion refer to e.castelnuovo [AT] virtualrobotix.com
RC Radio compatibility list
All previous radio problems SHOULD be resolved, but as we don’t have all you should report any issues. It has been reported radio problems using Frsky V8FR on V.3.0rc6
Before using RC radio verify in Mission Planner planner if there is any latency > 1 second or bad Jittering.
If there is don’t fly!
In the preflight check , control the radio rensponse also with already tested radio.
Software download links
Standard PPM with External GPS (UBLOX):
Standard PPM with Internal GPS (MEDIATEK or UBLOX):