Dear all, it’s been a while since last update, but things were going on, so we are finally proud to announce the new 3.2 firmware for all VRBRAIN 4.x users.
- Automatic external/internal compass recognition. No need to use a special firmware (not available for OCTA or OCTA-QUAD)
- GPS port configurable via mission planner on 2 serial ports (internal connector or external connector near input rail). No need to upload a special firmware.
- 8 PWM inputs, SBUS support with adapter cable, PPMSUM
- Up to 12 outputs if using PPMSUM or SBUS
- ALL automatic functions of the APM:Copter 3.2 (ROI, GUIDED,FOLLOW ME etc.)
- EKF support.
- Logging on 2 Mbit high speed dataflash.
- Future updates via mission planner
- Only one compass at a time (at the moment). You can either use the internal or external compass. You need to redo calibration and reconfiguration after compass change.
- No multiple GPS supported (at the moment)
- No multiple IMU supported
- The use of external sensors such as OptFlow, Sonar, Airspeed etc. has not been tested.
- No terrain following or infinite logs on SD card.
If you want to contribute or test latest revisions please follow the instructions on how to build and upload the code yourself.
For any special requests or to suggest improvements, please contact me at e.castelnuovo [at] virtualrobotix.com
Have fun and fly safe!
The VirtualRobotix Team